Sunday, November 27, 2011

Sunday, November 27, 2011



A quiet weekend. I did not go out shopping on Black Friday, just went to get my haircut. Lots of people out, I guess they spent a good amount of money Friday! Jordan and I watched a movie called "Woman Cut in Two", a French film with subtitles. Jordan is not a big movie fan so I was a little surprised he came home with four (!) movies to choose from. It was an ok film about a young woman and the choices she makes in life. It's a little sad really.

Saturday I had lunch with my sister and my mom. We went to Grimaldi's Pizzeria. Just ok, but now I am going to write a review of it (I still owe ABBI PR a review of the place) and need to be kind. The pizza is not bad, in fact the crust is quite good. The toppings and side salads, however, do not have a lot of taste. I told my sister and mom to put some salt on things, it would help, lol, and it did somewhat. Saturday evening Jordan and I watched a second movie, "The Proposal" with Sandra Bullock and Ryan McPherson (?). Cute movie, made me laugh a few times. Jordan said it could have ended two different ways but I prefer the happy ending. He says both endings could have been happy.

Jordan left this morning for LA. He has meetings tomorrow at USC. It was just me and the cat. I thought I was going to have company (Mom and Janell) but they stayed home today. I baked some Baby Berry Pastries, using leftover cranberry sauce, cream cheese and Pillsbury Crescent rolls. They turned out better tasting than I expected! See what you think-I included a picture.

Baby Berry Pastries

1 can Pillsbury Crescent rolls (8 count)
1/2 cup whipped cream cheese (spreads easier than regular cream cheese)
1/2 cup cranberry sauce (or raspberrry jam)
For Glaze: 1 Tbsp butter, 1 Tbsp milk, 3/4 cup powdered sugar

Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment. Open the crescent rolls on the parchment lined baking sheet and divide them into 8 triangles. Spread with cream cheese, then the cranberry sauce. Cut the triangles in half lengthwise with a sharp knife or pizza cutter. Roll the smaller triangles up, stretching the dough slightly as you roll. You should have 16 crescents. Reposition them evenly on the baking sheet and bake in the pre-heated oven for 10-12 minutes, or until golden brown. Remove from oven and let cool before you glaze them. Heat the milk and the butter either in the microwave or on the stovetop until the butter is melted. Slowly mix in the powdered sugar using a fork. Drizzle the glaze over each of the crescents and let set before you serve. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment