Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Tuesday, November 15, 2011





PT early this morning. Only one more left after this one, then I am on my own. After PT, I made another trip to the grocery store. More eggs, ground cloves, pumpkin and a couple miscellaneous items. I made a rookie mistake though! I bought pumpkin pie mix in a can instead of the pumpkin puree! Didn't even look at the label! AND, I didn't realize it until I had opened the can to use it and looked at the label then, lol. Oh, well, guess I'll be making pumpkin pies soon!

Believe it or not, I finished baking my 40 loaves of Spiced Pumpkin Bread by 2pm! I let them cool and had them wrapped and boxed before 5pm. Sometimes I amaze even myself (just kidding, lol!). Either I am getting faster or more organized, not sure which it is. And making quick bread (bread made with baking soda and baking powder instead of yeast) , is as the name implies, quick. Now I just need to figure out what to make for dinner. Jordan brought home lamb chops last night but I had already made chicken and rice, so I'll use the lamb tonight.

I have been obsessed with pies since seeing a show on the Cooking Channel called "For the Love of Pies". They all looked so cool! I especially like the small or mini pies made in muffin tins and the pies made in little mason jars. And a couple of the people interviewed, had some unusual ideas. I liked that! Putting chopped chocolate in pie crust or flavoring the pie dough with cinnamon to add a boost of flavor to the entire pie. It inspires me to be more creative myself!

I guess my next job is making some meals for Janell and my mom. They just need to let me know what to make! (Just pick off the menus I gave them-how easy is that?)

No comments:

Post a Comment