Saturday, November 19, 2011

Saturday, November 19, 2011

Friday the wind was so strong that I ran a few errands then came home. Not to mention the fires around southwest Reno. My oh my!
I did manage to get some baking in. I was going to make Pumpkin Pie Pops but the filling was a little too runny for that I thought, so a compromise. I made mini Spiced Pumpkin pies (besides the usual spices, I added a few more including Cayenne pepper to add a little bite). They turned out ok, but I won't be buying pumpkin pie mix anytime soon (and I'll read the label first, lol)! It was snowing by the end of the day, so I was really glad I decided to stay home!

Saturday, Jordan and I had breakfast with friends at Krumblz, a deli and bakery started by two pastry chefs who had been working at the Sienna when it closed. They decided to go into business for themselves. Breakfast out is almost always good. Nice people at Krumblz. The rest of the day was spent working on the LAHI project. When I couldn't do any more, I looked at cookie recipes! Love baking cookies, just don't have enough outlets so don't bake as much as I used to.

After dinner we watched "Men Who Stare at Goats". The movie has George Clooney, Ewan McGregor, Jeff Bridges and Kevin Spacey. Strange but funny.

No comments:

Post a Comment