Monday, October 31, 2011

Monday, October 31, 2011

Happy Halloween! I was not expecting any trick or treaters but we got three! Jordan said if you don't want anyone stopping, then turn off the light! So I did. Good thing I had a some candy!

I was up by 7am, had breakfast then went shopping for my two (actually three) jobs tomorrow. The rest of the afternoon was spent prepping all the food, slicing, dicing and making some of the food a day ahead (like the cranberry chutney and the Pecan Pumpkin Crunch). I am making lunch for the SOE crew with some of the leftover asparagus, a good will gesture, if you will. I am making asparagus and spinach quiche, a mixed green salad and chocolate chip cookies for dessert. Then off to my private chef job, my last counting for this client until Christmas (he's going to Maui). Ah, well...

Once I am done there, it's off to cook for the general partnership meeting (read: more people coming than usually come). They are having Sweet Sausage, Sage and Hazelnut Stuffed Turkey Breasts, Herbed Mashed Potatoes, Orange and Ginger Glazed Carrots, Cranberry Chutney, Parker House Rolls and Pecan Pumpkin Crunch with Bourbon Whipped Cream. Should be a good meal. I think I will be tired by the end of the day!

I still have not had a chance to make Key Lime Coolers (cookies). Too many other things to do! Hopefully I will get to them on Wednesday. Don't want to waste those Key limes!

No comments:

Post a Comment