Thursday, October 20, 2011

Thursday, October 20, 2011

I was up early to work at a Mollen Immunization Clinic giving flu shots at one of the Walmart's in Carson City. I only gave 18 shots today! Enough said.

This evening Jordan and I went to Rapscallion's to listen to a sale pitch to invest in "Hard Rock", a natural gas company. They drill for, pipe out and sell the natural gas found in the shale layers in West Virginia and Pennsylvania. Sounds like a winning situation if you have the money. I had no idea the United States was the leading producer of natural gas in the world! Did you? Also in attendance were Dr David Barry and Dr Mel Bacchus, who were interested in hearing about my culinary adventures (I used to work with Dr Barry at SCOR). I gave them both a card, so we'll see what happens! The meal provided for this talk was excellent, I must say. I had a butter lettuce salad with vinaigrette and candied walnuts, Tiger shrimp and Scallop Fettuccine (Jordan doesn't eat seafood so I only get seafood when I go out) and for dessert-Chocolate Truffle Cake. Yum! They had a nice wine to go with the meal, although I never got a chance to read a label as the talk started almost as soon as we sat down. The talk was interesting (and I think Jordan is going to invest), the food excellent (which has not always been the case at Rapscallion's) and I made some more business contacts. What more could a girl ask for? Well maybe a million dollars might help, but I don't think that's going to happen, lol.

PT tomorrow morning, then a banking chore, then off to drive around the Lake with Janell. It's suppose to be a nice day tomorrow. Yeah!

Our second cat, Crazy Mary, is starting to come out from under the bed when we go into the room, but she shows no signs of wanting anything to do with Ah Choo and hisses when she hear shim on the other side of the door. She wants to be petted but only sometimes and still acts kind of crazy (hence the name), so I don't think we'll be able to keep her-she can't live in a room all by herself, she needs to come out and be part of the family, so to speak. Time will tell......

No comments:

Post a Comment