Sunday, October 30, 2011

Sunday, October 30, 2011

I have got some catching up to do!

Friday, I worked at the Hyatt in Incline village (still trying to make that extra money!) doing a wellness clinic. We had to be there by 7am and work until 12:30pm. We ended up going over because a few of the employees showed up after 12 noon (closing time). Our boss for the day told us to keep going, so we did. I ended up meeting three wonderful women, which made the clinic very enjoyable. The Hyatt employees were also great! I was nice to be in a work environment where people were very happy to have a job, loved working at the Hyatt (many of them are long term employees) and were very thankful to all four of us for just showing up to do a wellness clinic for them. And when it was all over, they even fed us! In the next room was a wellness fair to go along with our clinic. The Hyatt was serving lunch to their employees and included us in the bargain. The had spinach salad with a variety of toppings, green beans with red onions, whipped parsnips (most people would not have been able to tell they were not mashed potatoes), chicken in a light sauce and mahi, also in a light sauce. For dessert, there was a trifle and plum kuchen with local honey (to drizzle over the cake). I was impressed, they did a very nice job!

I got home around 2:30-3pm and found Jordan at home working. I did my billing for Tuesday's Food for Thought at SOE, did some reading and by 9:30pm, was ready for bed (had to get up at 5am two days in a row!). Jordan made dinner. He is always telling me he does wonders with leftovers and it is easy to cook good leftovers when he uses dishes I have made. Good man!

Saturday Jordan went on a bike ride in Susanville with a friend of his, Bob Moen. Guess it was really cold, so it made the ride not so pleasant. Me, I worked at Walmart on 7th at a flu shot clinic from 9am to 5:15pm. Walmart was crazy busy all day. People were in there buying Halloween costumes and Halloween candy. I even saw Chef Mark Estee (from Moody's in Truckee and Campo soon to open here in Reno) shopping in there with his wife. Guess you never know who you are going to run into! Gail, one of the nurses from the Hyatt clinic, who lives in Reno part of the year and South Dakota the rest of the year, showed up at my table and chatted for a while. Her daughter lives here and Gail comes to help with babysitting, etc. After the clinic, I drove to my friend, Swad's house, for a candle party (she makes all her own candles). It was nice catching up with a few friends (from my old job at SCOR).

When I got home (about 7pm), Jordan took me out to dinner at Fuego's, a tapas bar and restaurant over by the Pioneer theater. They have patterned themselves after the Spanish Tapas bars and serve mostly small plates of food but do have a handful of dinner entrees to choose from as well as dessert. Some of what we ordered was a little too spicy for me, but the flavors were outstanding. I was glad we went, and even Jordan enjoyed himself, lol. He always says I am the one with the sophisticated palate and that he often cannot tell the subtle differences in foods that I can. I counter that by telling him you can always educate your palate, be it wine or food. I'm not sure he believes me, lol!

Today, is a nice quiet day, for which I am truly ready! I have a busy week coming up with some cooking and some clinics to do so am working Monday through Friday this week. (I am not complaining!) Ah Choo also seems to be happy I am staying home. He is curled up next to me on the couch and has been for some time. Crazy Mary is upstairs, under the bed, still not really willing to be a "part of the family". Jordan and I have extended the amount of time we are giving her to acclimate but I am unsure of the outcome for little CM (as Jordan calls her). She is still afraid of Ah Choo, even though he wants to be friends. It is a beautiful day out, so both Jordan and I need to get out for a walk or something. No cookies due Tuesday for Hillbilly Hot Dogs, so no baking today. I still have work that needs to be done for Jordan on his LA Hospital project. I will be working on that during my down time.

No comments:

Post a Comment