Thursday, October 27, 2011

Thursday, October 27, 2011

Jordan is home, yeah! It was a long drive home and now he's not so sure he wants to drive it again, lol. It IS easier to fly.

I was in Fernley today to do a flu shot clinic at the Lowe's on the east side of Fernley. Long drive (not as far as San Diego!). Everyone was very nice. Home Depot has it's training room at the back of the store. Lowe's training room is at the front of the store. Different but the same, I guess. I was scheduled to give 40 flu shots (there are a minimum number of people they need to get signed up in order to have this service) but only gave 22. Lots of sitting around. They were also training new hires today so I got to sit thru that spiel. Interesting to sit in on that. I also learned that Lowe's (although that name is a fairly recent introduction, it was started by a man named Buchman) was started in 1946 and catered only to professional people. It apparently was not open to the general public. The first five stores were opened in North Carolina. It wasn't until after Buchman's death that the company went public, is traded on the NASDAQ and is world wide. Interesting (especially when there is nothing else to read, lol).

I made a Swiss Chard quiche for dinner and served it with a salad. Good stuff. I also made a small Pumpkin Tart. Love pumpkin! I will go back and add pictures of some of the dishes I've made. Since I mostly write on my iPad, it's not easy to upload photos. I need to be on a regular computer for that. So eventually I will catch up!

I have a Wellness Clinic tomorrow at the Hyatt in Incline Village. Should be interesting. And I will get to meet more Summit employees. So far everyone has been very nice. I have to be there at 7am so it will be another early morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment