Monday, October 24, 2011

Monday, October 24, 2011

It's quiet without Jordan here! My daily routine also changes slightly when he is gone. Wake up, stretches, feed the cats, muck out two kitty litter boxes, make my own coffee (I am spoiled, lol), shower, then get on with my day.

I made Oatmeal Raisin cookies this morning. I need two dozen to fill Karen's order but the recipe only made 23! I had to make up another batch! I used a new spice blend from Penzey's called baking spice. It has cinnamon, cardamom and two other spices. Quite tasty, so we'll see how well they are received. I also learned my lesson, bag and label cookies the night before they are due so as not to have last minute "snafus" that make me late! So they are all boxed up nicely.

I had lunch with Ric at Arlington Gardens (he does go to other restaurants but not often, lol). Meatball soup and Norwegian limp bread ( the cook at Arlington Gardens makes it each year for the Daughters of Norway so gives some to the restaurant). The limpa bread was better than I expected or remembered!

The rest of the day was filled with laundry, recipe research, mail correspondence and work on the LA hospitals project. I also stopped into Pier 1 and filled out a job application as a sales person for seasonal work. We'll see what happens! Just trying to cover all my bases so to speak and make sure I have some sort of steady income.

I talked with Jordan tonight. He is staying with his daughter. She and her husband recently moved to a small town outside of San Diego as they were buying a business in that area (her husband lost his job some months ago). Unfortunately the deal fell through and now they are
not sure what they are going to do. Just goes to show you there are others with more problems or issues than you. So I am very thankful
for what I do have. As my mother always said, "Things always work out, maybe not how you thought they would, but things always turn out
the way they are suppose to". Wise woman, my mom.

Tomorrow, PT in the morning then cooking the rest of the day. The other doctor Michael works with and that he often shares his lunch with, has asked me to make a special lunch for her and Michael. So Wednesday morning I will be making Lime Honey Glazed Salmon, Basmati Rice and broccolini, a mixed green salad with strawberries and pecans dressed with a Chai vinaigrette, and for dessert-Strawberry Pavlovas. She is very excited about it! Little does she know that he is giving her a take home meal that day also, lol! Bourbon Honey Glazed Pork with Mashed Potatoes and Apricot Roasted Carrots and Parsnips. She also gets dessert-Bourbon Pecan Tart (got a bourbon theme going on!). Nice surprises all around!

A friend has been suggesting I look back at my blog and see what I was doing a year ago. Well I finally did just that and found out a year ago I was in Paris! How time flies. And what a wonderful trip that was! Time seems to soften the memories, which is a good thing. By the end of that trip most of us were ready to go our separate ways (too many strong personalities!) but what I mostly remember is cooking, seeing many stores/factories/restaurants and remembering how beautiful everything was. Maybe some day I will be able to go back.....

No comments:

Post a Comment