Monday, October 10, 2011

Monday, October 10, 2011

A pretty quiet weekend. Did some baking. I made some cookies that tasted like pecan sandies but had two ingredients in them I was surprised at. They used raspberry vinegar and rum extract (besides the usual butter, sugar, etc).

Sunday Jordan and I went to Jan and Jim Loverin's to go over the finances from the farm to table dinner. We lost money on that even (although it seemed quite successful) but gained experience, so everyone seemed ok with that. If we do it again next hear, we will have to raise the price though. We need to at least break even and obviously the goal is to make some money. We had a nice dinner though! And it was Jim's birthday so Jan made Prune Cake. Quite tasty!

Today, Monday, I thought I would be working on the computer, running a couple of errands, but ended up having lunch with Ric (can we all say-Arlington Gardens?) and getting a last minute dinner request for today! One of the nurses I used to work with in the NICU at St Mary's, emailed me and said she knew it was last minute, but she saw my card at Bill Glaser's shop, and wondered if I could make a pot roast dinner for her 13th anniversary. Since I was off, I called her and said yes! It was nice catching up with her. I made pot roast with gravy, buttery egg noodles, roasted root vegetables and plum tarts for dessert. Hopefully they liked it!

Tomorrow is PT in the morning, then cooking for my personal chef client. Wednesday and Thursday are wellness clinics for Summit, when I go back to wearing my nurse's hat.

No comments:

Post a Comment