Monday, October 3, 2011

Monday, October 3, 2011

Spent the weekend resting between bouts of cleaning, grocery shopping and checking out recipes. I never ceased to be amazed at the number of recipes there are online. I made one of the oatmeal recipes called "Oatmeal Claflouti". It really is a breakfast bar but comes out a little creamier than most and freezes well. The original recipe comes from Quaker Oats, but I got it off the website "Chocolate&Zucchini.com, written by a French woman. I also enjoy looking at www.cookingchanneltv.com, www.foodnetwork.com, www.epicurious.com, www.bonappetit.com, www.joyofbaking.com and believe it or not, www.coffeehousemysteries.com (a mystery writer who hands out some great recipes!). Jordan and I did manage to go out for lunch Sunday at Burger Me-not too impressed.

Today was filled with a PT appointment then off to work at the Walmart in Carson City most of the day. I also dropped off cookies for Thunderbird Lodge, probably for the last time as their tours are winding down. Chocolate Chip Cookies, no nuts! I chatted with Mindy for a bit (from the Thunderbird office) and she says they may use me for other projects/events. We'll see! This particular job has taught me a lot about packaging and presentation, so I don't mind that I did not make a lot of money baking cookies for Thunderbird.

Tomorrow is my personal chef day, so better rest up! No elaborate dessert this week, lol, just Fresh Lemon Mousse.

ZM, alias Crazy Mary (from an old Thin Man movie-William Powell/Myrna Loy) alias Tigger is still twitchy, still hisses for no good reason, but right this minute is sitting so close to me I can't move, lol. Go figure! Night all!

No comments:

Post a Comment