Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Wednesday, October 19, 2011



Monday started out slow, but then I ran errands, shopped for my personal chef client, then baked in the afternoon. I made Parkerhouse rolls (Bobby Flay's recipe from a "Throwdown" episode), mini pumpkin pies and a Limoncello Icebox Cake (that looked more like a trifle than a cake since they suggested putting it in a trifle dish-looks pretty though!). Busy afternoon! I also used double stick tape to keep the "April Bakes" insert in my new pamphlet. All 250!

Tuesday they cancelled my PT appt, but that still did not give me a timely start that morning. I don't know why it is so, but printing off packaging labels is not as easy as it should be. Avery has free templates online and you can design whatever you want online but there always seems to be an issue. My MAC, for instance, does not print off labels as easily as my older HP laptop. Go figure! I had a dozen packs of Molasses Ginger Cookies to drop off to Karen at Hillbilly Hotdogs. I didn't want to make two trips, so took the time to get everything together as well as packing up the car to go to my personal chef gig after I dropped off cookies. That made me slightly late, but Karen didn't seem to mind.

After I dropped off her order, I went to my clients house to cook. I made a full Thanksgiving dinner for him (he'll be out of town for Thanksgiving but wanted turkey!). It's hard finding a turkey before November 1! I ended up getting a big turkey breast and two turkey legs. I roasted the turkey using a herbed butter. You mix butter, thyme, lemon zest and parsley together, then rub half od it under the turkey skin and the other half on the outside of the turkey. Mashed potatoes, glazed carrots with an orange-ginger sauce, simple stuffing, and Parkerhouse rolls. But before all that, I made Orange Teriyaki Beef, Prawns in Green Chili, roasted pork with Orange-Pomogranite Glaze, and roasted harvest vegetables. Busy day! I just added picture of the Thanksgiving dinner I made, as well as the Limoncello Icebox Cake (which looks like more of a triffle!).

Wednesday, today, had me up early so I could run errands. I checked out the cookware situation at Standards of Excellence, closed my last bank account at Nevada State bank then went to deposit that money into my account at Great Basin (why does banking have to be so difficult?). I stopped and had a bowl of soup at Backstubbe, bought cat food then went home. I gathered up some of my pamphlets and hand delivered them to the medical offices at 343 Elm Street and St Mary's Center for Wellness. Some people even recognized who I was! Very cool!

Late dinner with Jordan (because he teaches from 7-8pm) and now bed. My hands are really dry from all that hand washing and dishwashing. I had to give them a break today!

Walmart flu clinic in Carson all day tomorrow! It's money, so I can't complain too loud.
L

No comments:

Post a Comment