Sunday, October 23, 2011

Sunday, October 23, 2011

Quiet weekend, really. Janell and I went to the McQueen Craft Fair Saturday with one of her friends. I haven't been in years! I did manage to pick up a couple of presents there. The food was provided by the students: Tri-tip, hamburgers, hotdogs, pulled pork, chili (from a can!), mega-cinnamon rolls, cupcakes, soda and water. The students seem to have more of a presence there than I remember, but it's good to get them involved and it acts as a fund raiser.

Afterwards, I worked on organizing my finances. It may not be much money, but it makes me feel better to know what money has come in and where it has gone. And of course, it will be useful at tax time (:-(.

Jordan left for San Diego this morning. There is a geo-thermal conference he is attending. He just called me tonight to say he was stuck about an hour or so out of San Diego-all the tires on his rental car are loose and the brakes weren't working properly. Good thing he was paying attention!! Don't want any accidents happening! He was waiting for a tow truck at 8pm. Poor guy!

I spent most of the day looking at recipes. I needed to come up with a Holiday dinner for Standards of Excellence (December 7). I guess they like to get that pre-approved through Corporate in a timely fashion. I have a dinner on Wednesday this week with them. My first one! I find out on Monday how many I will be cooking for. Between cooking and clinics, I have something going on everyday this week, which is a good thing financially!

I am also doing some research for Jordan's students. USC has been tasked with figuring out what hospitals there are around LA County, how old they are, how many beds, when they were built, how big a campus they have. A lot of this can be found on websites, but it isn't always easy information to find. And it will provide some income for me, so that is much appreciated. I rather enjoy it, too.

Crazy Mary, our new cat, is no nearer getting used to Ah Choo and she still hisses. But I noticed she is putting on weight, which is good. I did put an ad on Craigslist to see if I could find her a good home. Still not sure what's going to happen with her.

No comments:

Post a Comment