Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Tuesday was my personal chef day, although I didn't get a very early start! Working in the new kitchen at my client's new house has been great! Lots of room to work, an oven (!), and a beautiful house to boot! I made Fresh Lemon Mousse, French Chicken in a Pot with Mashed Potatoes, Broiled Salmon with a Mustard Crust, Green Beans with Creme Fraiche, Shrimp with Vanilla Buerre Blanc over Coconut Cardamom Rice, Mostaccoli (now that brings back memories of the Midwest!), Mixed Green Salad with Blackberry Vinaigrette, Mini Zucchini and Goat Cheese Tarts, and Pork Loin Chops Milanese. Lots of fun! The butcher at Whole Foods said to me, " Looks like you have a specific meal in mind for all this". I told him I was a personal chef and was making lots of meals today. He seems suitably impressed, lol. Hope that gets me better service! It did take me all afternoon to get things done, but the time seems to have gone quickly.

Today (Wednesday), it was computer business in the morning, then a flu shot clinic in the afternoon at Home Depot. The clinic went well, I think. Nice people there all wanting a flu shot, no soliciting on my part, like at Walmart. I have another clinic Thursday afternoon, in Carson City. Hope that also goes well!

Jordan and I had dinner with Michael at La Vecchia. Guess the restaurant in moving, October 22, up to Skyline Drive. The city or RTC has bought a lot of land around S. Virginia and Moana so they can widen the road! The food was fantastic! The chef there is from Italy and does a great job! I had Pumpkin Ravioli in a Sage-Brown Butter Sauce (I've always wanted to try to make these but have yet to do it) with Italian Sausage (homemade sausage, not the usual run of the mill Italian sausage!). Yum! Michael had Ravioli with a Boglonese and Jordan had Carpacio. Everyone seemed pleased with their food!

No comments:

Post a Comment