Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

"If only emotional baggage came with those cute little emotional wheelies". -The little book of inspirational thoughts

I finished my food safety course, ServSafe. Yeah!! And more importantly, I passed the post-course exam (86-I just need to accept I am a solid "B" student, lol). Now all I need to do is get proctored to take what they call the certification exam. I contact Pete Allen, one of the instructors on the WCHD list of approved instructors and he will proctor the test for me the week of April 11-15. I guess that works. $125 for the ServSafe course, $70 to be proctored, $28 to get a certificate ID from the WCHD, then $107-$130 for a food permit. I feel like singing that song by Abba in "Mama Mia" that goes "Money, money, money.....it's a rich man's world". Lol.

A few errands today, playing with the cat, still taking Advil for the sinus headaches, and then dinner with Janell, Jordan and Eva. Eva is from Russia, where she was a journalist. When she came over here and married, she decided to go to nursing school. It's been a hard road for her as language has sometimes been a barrier. We ended up at BJ's Brewery over by Legends in Sparks. There are two BJ's now, one in Sparks and one at the Summit shopping center, south of town. We had a nice time.

Once I got home, I finally packed for my Denver trip. My plane leaves at 1:40pm tomorrow. Direct flight (thank goodness) and no checked baggage!! Yeah, again!!! Ah Choo watched me pack. He wanted to put his little stuffed mouse in the suitcase but I convinced him otherwise. Now it's bedtime. I will keep up my blog in Denver and let you know all the things I learn and do.

No comments:

Post a Comment