Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

"Some days are hopscotch kind of days, some days are getting-nailed-at-dodgeball kind of days".

The cat got me up this morning, "feed me", he meowed! I was awake already so I didn't mind. He will let you stay in bed a bit later if you rub his tummy, lol.

I talked a bit to my friend, Betty, this morning, as well as to her sister, Judy, and husband, Don. The hospice nurse says Betty only has a week, maybe a little more. It has been hard on everyone there. She will definitely be missed!

After checking emails, I went off to 'Nothing To It' (NTI) to get a bottle of Nielssen-Massey Madagascar real vanilla. I wanted a big bottle of vanilla as I seem to go through it so quickly. I ended up buying a 32 oz bottle (I know, sounds like a lot, but I started adding one tablespoon of vanilla to my cookies rather than one teaspoon so it goes fast!). An eight ounce bottle was $19.50 but 32 ounces was only $40. So I figured, why not?

While I was there, I ran into Jay Buschman, who co-owns NTI with Lara Ritchie. I know Jay from back when I worked in a doctor's office and he was a drug rep. We started talking and I told him I had left nursing to go to culinary school, Europe and finally St Thomas to intern. He had some advise and also said we should have lunch when I got back to Reno from Denver. Apparently he is quite familiar with Cook Street School, having grown up in Boulder, CO. He says one of his friends used to teach there. Small world! Jay also offered to rent out his commercial kitchen to me! That is, as long as I get all my licenses and certificates, which I will start working on tomorrow. Cool, huh? I also talked to him about whether or not he could use any help either at NTI or when they cater. He said we could definitely talk about it, although they do not need any more staff at NTI right now. So when I get back to Denver, I will call him to see if he and Lara will have lunch with me. That also means I need to contact Judy at Zozo's to see if she is still interested and also the people at Squeeze-In to see if
they are still interested in my cookies. I also need to work up food costing and pricing. Get packaging, get business cards, call the Health
Dept, get a business license, etc, etc, etc. Lots to do!

Jordan is having a great time at USC. Lots happening there. I'm not sure he wants to come home, lol! Much more going on there than at UNR. Hopefully, though, he will be home tomorrow night.

No comments:

Post a Comment