Monday, March 14, 2011

Monday, March 14, 2011

Today is Jordan's birthday! He was somewhat excited about it and insisted he was 52 years young (not really but it makes us all feel better to pretend to be younger than we really are).

I went out to start my car this morning but it would not start. Jordan tried to give me a jump but my car just did not want to start. It has been sitting in the garage all winter and didn't get start once. That happens. I had to buy a new battery ($113!) and then it was right as rain. I baked again today. I seem determined to try recipes and improve them if need be. I baked carrot mini-bunt cakes with cream cheese drizzle for Jordan's birthday. They are his favorite. I also baked strawberry shortcake bars. I still am not sure how I feel about the way they turned out. They were hard to get out of the pan, despite the pan having been lined with foil and buttered. The flavor is good. Guess I'll think on it a bit. I wrote another article for Examiner.com on "easy supper soups". I will try another article tomorrow. Maybe I can get ahead a little on my writing so it doesn't get too overwhelming.

I did a little shopping with my sister Janell, a little reading, then Jordan and I went out to Outback Steakhouse (his choice, lol) for his birthday dinner. Not bad-we shared a "Bloomin' Onion" and then a Ribeye steak. Then home. He liked the carrot cake, which is good. "Good texture, good flavor", is what he said.

Not an exciting day, but not everyday can be exciting now, can it? Although with all that is going on with my friend, Betty, I am very thankful for each day.

No comments:

Post a Comment