Thursday, March 3, 2011

Thursday, March 3, 2011

Vicki left today. It was so nice to see her and I'm glad she came even if only for a few days.

Yesterday we had a late breakfast (oatmeal, Betty's favorite!), then Vicki and I set off to do a little shopping. We wanted to pick up a few groceries and I wanted to get a couple of long sleeved shirts or sweaters. It did get up over 50 yesterday but the weather is not tropical, lol. Betty called us and told us to go out to lunch before we came back so we went to the "Golden China" restaurant. Vicki wanted Chinese food and they have a lunch buffet. Not bad and I have not had Chinese for months! Vicki says she doesn't get Chinese much because her husband doesn't like it. We got back to the house and tried our hand at a puzzle, or rather Vicki and Betty did. I made Peanut Butter Cookies (the 1 cup of chunky peanut butter, 3/4 cup fo white sugar and 1 egg). They were a hit, and they were cookies Vicki could eat. She's trying to stay away from wheat and dairy products because of her asthma. Betty's mom, Beatrix-Trixie, came to visit. She knew us girls were visiting. She looks good for 83! While Trixie was here we went for a walk. Betty was feeling good and wanted to get out. It was a beautiful, sunny day. I made dinner with Vicki. We made Ina Garten's recipe Mac and Cheese, steamed broccoli and pork chops with a Marsala reduction. It's great to be cooking again on a personal level and in a beautiful kitchen. :-)

We watched "Legally Blonde" after dinner, at least us girls did, Don sat that one out, lol. Then bed for everyone.

Thursday: Today I made an Apple Pancake for breakfast, one of my favorite recipes! Yummy! Then we did a lot of nothing: talked, Betty did some watercolor painting, Vicki read a book, I made an Almond Cardamom Cake. Then we ate lunch (Chinese Chicken Salad) and then it was time for Don and Vicki to drive to the airport. Since Don's Dad likes close to the airport, Don is going to see him after he drops Vicki off. So the rest of the day and evening, it's just me and Betty. We took a walk again. Sunny today but not as warm as yesterday, lol, only 43! Betty and I worked on her puzzle some more, but she is a better woman than I am, I got frustrated because the puzzle pieces are odd shaped and don't all snap together. So I went back to reading. Betty is still working on the puzzle. It will be a quiet night. OK by me!

No comments:

Post a Comment