Thursday, March 31, 2011

Thursday, March 31, 2011

I didn't pack for Denver until late last night and got up in plenty of time this morning to finish packing. Poor Ah Choo was very sad I was leaving, he meowed and moped all morning. :-(

Jordan took me to the airport where my plane left for Denver without incident. We actually arrived early in Denver! I took the SuperShuttle to Capitol Hill Mansion B&B. I rode into town with a group of techies that were here for an IT Architecture Conference. Wow! You meet all kinds of people in Denver!

When I got to the B&B, there was a note on the door for me from Carl. He gave me the Paintbrush Room on the first floor right off the lobby. It's a beautiful room. I have it for three nights then I move to another room. Adventure! Carl was not here. There was a Chamber Mixer and he was there. He called to see if I got here. Guess I'll see him in the morning.

As I was on my own, I walked down to Potager (which is five blocks away) for dinner. I sat at the bar and had a flight of three new world red wines, a spinach salad and a potato pancake topped with duck confit and dried cherries. Holy cow! I almost feel like a culture deprived woman. The spinach salad was topped with a lemon confit, diced kalamata olives, dried cranberries and crushed toasted bread crumbs. Unbelievably tasty, that or I don't get out much anymore!! The potato pancake was crispy on the outside and creamy on the inside. The duck confit was a little crunchier than I like but the flavor was still very good. And the cherries set it off just right. They do not make their own bread, but it is made by amlocal bakery and it is still as good as I remember! I decided to have dessert (good thing I was walking home!). It was between the bruleed lemon tart and rhubarb cake with rhubarb jam topped with mint ice cream. I decided on the rhubarb cake. Very moist, slight rhubarb taste. The rhubarb jam was tart but off set the cake nicely. And the mint ice cream was like nothing I've ever tasted! Not at all like the green mint ice cream we usually get! It was like eating fresh mint! I decided that if I was really poor and had just a little money, I'd rather have a good meal than anything else, lol.

I walked back to the B&B and am now relaxing in my king size bed. Class starts at 12 noon tomorrow, so I don't have to worry about getting up early. And someone is going to make me breakfast in the morning!

On a sad note, my friend Michael's father died this morning. His health has not been good lately but it is still always sad to lose a loved
one.

No comments:

Post a Comment