Friday, March 11, 2011

Friday, March 11, 2011

Well, it's official! I'm published on Examiner.com. I have attached a part of my email from Kirsten Verhaar at Examiner.com:

"Dear April,
Great job on your first article. I’m happy to inform you that you are now live on Examiner.com. You can find your page here: http://www.examiner.com/cooking-168-in-reno/april-woodward
Remember, you are a part of the Food & Drink channel and the Food & Recipes sub-channel. This reflects how users will navigate to and discover your content on Examiner.com."

Cool, huh?! Hope you'll check out my articles and "subscribe" to me on Examiner.com.

Jordan and I had dinner last night at Zozo's Italian Restaurant. They had a wine and food pairing, which they do twice a month. Small portion items off their menu paired with red and white wines they carry. All for $35, which includes tax and tip. They do a nice job. I also talked to Sid and Judy, the owners (who have been to Bolongo so we did some note comparisons) about the possibility of making their desserts for them. They have been buying some of them because the chef they hired to make desserts for them has been inconsistent in his results. And being consistent in quality and quantity is what helps restaurants to well and stay open. We'll see if the three of us can work something out. I would need a commercial kitchen first. Judy suggested a church kitchen. She knows a Reno chef that used the downtown Reno church on Second Street. I'll have to check it out!

I am getting a haircut today. I have not had a haircut in four months! My hairdresser cut my hair quite short in November so I wouldn't have to worry about it for a while. Now I can't wait to have a hairstyle again, lol! Still trying to catch up on my sleep, but I think it will take some time to re-acclimate to the PST zone. I have unpacked all the boxes sitting here for me and gone through my mail, but now need to go through the magazines and catalogs Jordan saved for me. Whew! There's a lot!

Sandy, my neighbor came over for a glass of wine and we spent two hours catching up on six months of news. It's nice to see my Reno friends again! Afterwards, Janell and I wet out for Chinese. Very good food! Then home to catch up with Jordan. He's been very busy these last three months, working at UNR, teaching online for USC and programming. Early to bed, still not caught up on my sleep!

No comments:

Post a Comment