Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

I had another doctor's appointment today, catching up on all things health related. Then I met Calvin Willey, who is a local landscaper and old tree expert. He works with his brother and they are an entirely family run business. He was the one who brought in the 25-30 foot pines at the side of the property in the front. It was quite the production! Our front yard could use a little help, as could the rest of the yard, so he is going to see what he can do, things that won't cost a fortune. He'll get back to me next week when I get back from Denver.

While I was at Dr Mullins office, his nurse came up with the idea of getting a coffee cart for downstairs in the lobby of the St Mary's Center for Health building. She loves my pastries and says she sees people all the time walk in with coffee cups and little treats in a bag so thinks I should set up shop. I'd have clientele in the office people and also from the fitness center, not to mention patients and vendors that come in to the building all the time. She says most people walk over to Starbucks to get coffee. It seems like an idea to consider. A coffee or espresso cart could be mobile should business not be good there. The cost of a cart seems to run anywhere from $2000-$15,000. What I've been reading on the web says you can make anywhere from $200-$1500 a day, depending on what you sell and foot traffic. I could sell coffee and espresso drinks, tea and my baked goods. Dr Mullins chimed in that I could work mornings and still have the afternoon to bake desserts for restaurants. Something to think about...

I am almost finished with my ServSafe online class and getting close to the exam or post-test, I think they call it. I am feeling better but I still am getting sinus headaches as well as having pain in my upper teeth. Yuck! As long as it is mostly gone by Thursday when I leave for Denver, I'll be happy.

Betty's funeral was today. I am glad I chose to stay home, although had it been affordable, I probably would have gone. It was important to spend time with her while she was alive and that's what I did, so no regrets.

I made more chocolate cookies, this time using Fleischman's margarine so I could see if there was a difference between these and the chocolate chip cookies made with butter. At this point, I like the butter better (that was not the case even last year) but I will do a taste test tomorrow. I took a bunch of cookies to Dr Mullins office and they seemed a big hit. I like making people smile when they eat my cookies. Makes me feel good, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment