Monday, March 28, 2011

Monday, March 28, 2011

Early to rise for a doctor's appointment (my yearly- all good news). On my way to errands, I got two calls, one requesting culinary advise from my neighbor wanting to know how to precook ribs to serve in the evening. The other a lunch invitation fro my friend, Ric. Arlington Gardens of course (surprise, surprise!). I had potato cheddar soup and half a meatloaf sandwich (actually quite tasty!). Always researching the competition, lol. Afterwards, I stopped at Batch, a cupcakery on Booth and California. All in the name of research, lol. Gotta scope out the competition. I tried to talk to the owner, but apparently she is only there from 7-10am each day. It sounds like she bakes then leaves, but I could be wrong. I was also hoping to interview her for Examiner.com, but will have to go back for that. I tried a chocolate cupcake with cream cheese frosting. The frosting was a little too sweet for my tastes and the cupcake a little dry on the outside but moist on the inside. I also bought a German Chocolate cupcake, a Red Velvet cupcake and a Pumpkin Spice cupcake. They were $2.25/each, but any specials they run are $2.75/each. A nice way to get a little bit of cake without the commitment of an entire cake. I will go back and try to interview the owner at some point.

I came home and worked on my ServSafe class, then met Anne, my old boss from SCOR for a drink at Peirino's on 5th and Keystone. We had a nice visit. She asked me to cater for the SCOR board meetings in the future. I will be gone for the next one, which is this Thursday. We'll see what happens. Then home to make dinner.

Looks like I will get to see friends in Denver after all. And I found out Jackie, from Cook Street, is also taking the class so she says she will be "hanging out with me all weekend". Imagine that! Otherwise, a quiet day in Reno, Nevada.

No comments:

Post a Comment