Monday, March 21, 2011

Monday, March 21, 2011

"Nothing is insignificant." -Samuel T. Coleridge

Jordan flew off to LA and USC this morning. Just me and Ah Choo here til Wednesday. When Jordan called tonight, he said USC took him and the rest of his department to Roy's-must me rough, lol. Roy's is a VERY nice restaurant although there are about 30 of them around the USA. I went once when I was visiting Maui. I was impressed!

I realized last night or this morning, that I needed to finish my online class on sanitation. That is a slip of paper often asked for when you get hired on in food service. They want to know you know to keep raw food separate, hold to properly handle food and then how to clean up the kitchen. It's been a good class so far and I am about three quarters done with it. Hopefully I can get it done in the next day or two.

No baking today either. I need vanilla extract but I want to get a larger bottle of the good stuff, so I am hoping to get down to 'Nothing To It' Culinary Center to buy some. If they stopped carrying it, I may need to order it online. King Arthur Flour carries a lot of great baking supplies, but I'd really like to get it locally if I can.

My next article for Examiner.com is going to be about the magazine "Edible Reno Tahoe", which is all about eating local and being green and sustainability. I would like to be more supportive of local producers and small stores when I can. I am still working on that for myself. I was reading a magazine that said they thought the "mom and pop" type stores were coming back. That would be kinda nice, wouldn't it?

I got a really nice email today from Amber who helps run the Great Basin Food Co-op. She read my article on Examiner.com and really liked the article. She also thanked me for "spreading the word" to the community about the food co-op. I thought that was very kind of her!

Not much else to tell. I've been trying to scope out the competition and see what other people's websites look like and what services they offer. Part of the problem with that is that not all of them are current. But it still gives me ideas. I will also try and visit some of the establishments I've been reading about. More research, lol!

No comments:

Post a Comment