Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Tuesday, December 6, 2011




Monday I had lunch with one of the girls I used to work with at SCOR. We had sushi and caught up. After lunch, it was time to get down to business, so to speak. I had assembled my mini apple pies in the morning so baked them after lunch. I also made Irish Soda Bread. Then put the pork roast in the oven to roast, made the Soy-Honey-Bourbon sauce and made the Stewed Green Beans with Bacon. I had about an hour before it was time to deliver my meal, when I realized I forgot to put the Bourbon Sweet Potatoes in the oven to roast! A near disaster! I quickly put them into roast (I had actually mixed all the spices and brown sugar with the potatoes earlier in the day, then put them aside. So aside I almost forgot them, lol! Everything turned out well, though. I delivered the meal and came back home to leftover Hoisin Short Ribs (not quite as good as the first night).

After dinner, I finished wrapping the Cake Truffles and boxed them up. Then bed. It was a long day!

Today I spent the morning working on the computer and having a meeting with Jordan and David in LA regarding the LAHI project. David seemed pleased with the information I came up with, so who knows? Maybe it will result in a little paid work for LA county or SKK or LAED.

I dropped off the cake truffles to Jennifer. She was pleased with the packaging (which is always a relief) and wrote me a check (even better!). I picked up my dishes from last night and talked to a few of the nurses I used to work with. It was nice chatting with them. Once I got home, it was time to get tonight's dinner going. New York Stead Roast with Marsala Pan Sauce, Roasted Spiced Carrot, Parsnip and Potato Coins, Mixed Green Salad with Toasted Walnuts and Gruyere, and Strawberry Almond Crumble Pie. Anne said everything last night was very good, especially the Mini Apple Pies. Yeah!

Tomorrow I'll go pick up my dishes, and then be done with it all for a couple of weeks. Off to Maui on Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment