Sunday, December 4, 2011

Sunday, December 4, 2011

We had brunch today at Hobey's, breakfast really, with my mom and Janell. Jordan went off to program and I went home. I dipped cake truffles most of the afternoon. Spice cake dipped in white chocolate then sprinkled with roasted Saigon cinnamon and chocolate cake with coffee added for more depth of flavor, dipped in dark chocolate with chocolate jimmies sprinkled on top. I'm getting better at dipping, but I still need more practice. Practice makes perfect, right? I got the cake truffles boxed up, four to a box. I'll finish them off with ribbon tomorrow and a label saying they are from Jennifer. I did remember to take pictures of everything, I just need to be on my computer to upload them onto the blog and I'm afraid I usually write this on my iPad. It's so much more convenient to use!

I thought I might get my little mini apple pies baked today, but alas, I did not. More to do tomorrow! I still need to pick up a pork roast for tomorrow and some chocolate wafer cookies for Tuesday, but other than that, I have everything I need. A nice feeling. I get less "worked up" about all this cooking, so I guess practice does make perfect as far as cooking goes (although I am far from perfect, lol).

Only four more days until I am off to Maui for my next culinary adventure! Hardly seems possible it is already here....

And I WILL come back and add pictures!!

No comments:

Post a Comment