Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Well....the sun did not come out on Tuesday, lol. Rained a lot with flash flood warnings for the island. Bummer.... Toast in the morning with coffee (Pumpkin Cranberry Walnut bread). Then a trip to the post office to send out Christmas cards I wrote last night. I had Christmas cards in Reno but did not get them sent out before I left and forgot to bring them with me. So I sent out Hawaiian Christmas cards. Pretty funny, lol. So maybe you'll get a Merry Christmas from Maui card! We walked around a couple of the stores near the post office in the Napali shopping center-not much of interest. Then back home for a Papaya-Banana smoothie. Since it's raining off and on, more time on the computer. Not a day to be outside, although that does not seem to stop the grounds keepers! Lots of noise from leaf blowers and lawnmowers. The price, I suppose, of well-manicured grounds. Lunch is leftover Corn Crab Chowder. Don't want to waste food! And it was darned tasty. The afternoon was spent online again, although I did read a little. I am getting into a routine. A small meal at 8am, again about 10-10:30am, lunch about 12:30-1pm, then start dinner about 5pm. At first, it was easy to get distracted, so I had to remind myself (or be reminded, lol), that it was time for a meal. And just when I think I have it all down, it will be time to leave! Dinner was Oriental Beef Wraps (using lettuce for wrapping). It turned out well. Dessert was Mandarin Orange Cake. It had a brown sugar-milk glaze you pour over the cake when it first comes out of the oven. I'll have to remember that glaze. It has kind of a caramel taste. Pretty good, actually. The sun did come out some this afternoon, which is nice. Hope tomorrow is nicer still!

No comments:

Post a Comment