Sunday, December 18, 2011

Saturday, December 17, 2011

Another day in paradise (I know, no one feels sorry for me, rain or no rain, lol). I decided to do a real breakfast this morning so made a variation of Eggs Benedict. Only difference was, I used regular bacon instead of Canadian bacon. It came together quickly. I guess all those months doing breakfast at Bolongo made a difference! I got everything going pretty much all at once. I made the Hollandaise in the blender with eggs, butter, lemon juice, salt, pepper and cayenne pepper. It ended up a light sauce but I could have used more egg yolks as well as a little more butter but you don't need that much sauce for only a few people. And Hollandaise sauce doesn't keep. I toasted the English muffins whirl I fried the bacon and boiled water to poach the eggs. Like I said, it all came together pretty quickly. It was cloudy the better part of the day and the sun did come out, so I went to the pool in the afternoon instead of the morning. I read, watched a little TV and did some laundry. Dinner was Tangerine Thyme Tuna, Couscous with Roasted Eggplant and Steamed Asparagus. I made Carrot Bran muffins after dinner to have over the next few days. We watched the Wizard of Oz-haven't seen that in years! During a commercial break I made the Coffee Cup Chocolate Cake you bake in the microwave. I added extra chocolate this time so it was quite rich. I must admit, though, that I recently watched an episode of a show that showcases "Pastry Geniuses" and there was a contestant that microwaved a cake and got blasted for doing so. The pastry expert did not consider baking in a microwave a good use of baking talent. So is baking a moist, tasty cake in the microwave in a coffee cup genius or cop-out? I don't know. Good cake though! Tomorrow morning we go out for Sunday brunch. How exciting!

No comments:

Post a Comment