Saturday, December 10, 2011

Saturday, December 10, 2011

It rained like crazy last night and woke me up, so with interrupted sleep, I didn't wake up until 7am this morning (9am back in Nevada!). Coffee, then prepared half a papaya for "first breakfast", as I have been calling it. Mostly because there is then yogurt or a fruit smoothie for "second breakfast" about mid-morning. I did make a yogurt parfait with strawberries and bananas this morning. The strawberries don't seem to last very long here, even in the refrigerator! I'm a little surprised, but they had the same problem on St Thomas at Bolongo, so it must be the tropical climate.

Today was a lazy day. The sun did peek out at times, but it was cloudy and rained off and on. I did receive a call from Jim Lynch (while on his way to London!) asking if I could do a cocktail party on December 23. What could I say but yes! I am gonna have to move my butt, (I get back to Reno Friday morning) but am happy to have the opportunity. So I spent part of the day looking at appetizer recipes so I can put something nice together for 30 people.

Lunch today was leftovers (can't let them go to waste!). I made Pumpkin Walnut Cranberry Bread this afternoon. It turned out flatter than I expected but I seem to have a harder time making bread at sea level than I do in Reno or Denver for that matter. Hopefully it will taste good! Dinner was Seasoned Ribeye, a baked potato (wrapped in bacon and baked in the oven) and a mixed green salad with Dijon Vinaigrette. I made ice cream sandwiches with a couple of the chocolate chip cookies. There was Rum Raisin ice cream in the freezer. It tasted better than I thought it would, lol!

But now, it's early to bed... I need to add some pictures tomorrow. I have been taking photos!

No comments:

Post a Comment