Thursday, December 15, 2011

Thursday, December 15, 2011

Today dawned bright and sunny for a change! Hallelujah! I was awakened, however, by the birds chattering this morning. As soon as it gets light, it sounds like a jungle! Such noise! Amazing.... And then of course, Thursday is lawn mowing day, so there were machines going for quite some time. In order to keep all these ground so "well-manicured", they need constant attention. The only "mar" on the days, the constant machinery running to upkeep this complex. Coffee and Mandarin Orange cake for breakfast. The cake is still moist and not too sweet. Makes for a nice breakfast sweet. After breakfast, I went to the pool for about an hour. Need to take advantage of the sun while I can! I was the only one there. We found out from the next door neighbors the other day that the complex keeps herbs in large planters by the pool. Sure enough, there they were. Quite a large variety too. Who'd have thought? Lunch today was sliced Bosc pears wrapped in prosciutto and served with slices of Manchego cheese as well as some crackers. It made for a filling but light lunch. I'll have to remember that one! I read some in the afternoon as well as fussed with recipes. I am trying to figure put how much to charge for the appetizers I am providing for a cocktail party the day I get back from Maui. Now the numbers are 30-40 people! There are six different appetizers. I went for festive and elegant. Should turn out well. For dinner we had Teriyaki Tuna, Roasted Root Vegetables and a mixed green salad with Balsamic Vinaigrette. Just chocolate ice cream for dessert. My boss says it's just like having room service, lol. Always happy to hear someone say they like my food! We watched "A Charlie Brown Christmas" after dinner. Haven't seen that in a good long while! It's interesting to see how simple things were back in 1965 when this program was just made, especially as compared to now, when special effects are what entertain most people. I did get a little pink from my time in the sun today. Nice to have a little color, lol. I am definitely a white girl! It's early to bed for me. Life here is definitely slower than back in Reno. The joys and perils of paradise, I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment