Saturday, December 3, 2011

Saturday, December 3, 2011




Had lunch yesterday with my mom, Janell and Kasia at Bangkok Cuisine, Thai food. Pretty good actually! We had a nice time. Janell and mom and I did a little shopping at Kohl's-mom wanted a new purse. A stop at Walmart for MVIs and fiber, and we were off, lol. I spent part of the day working on the LAHI project and the rest of the time looking at recipes. I also tried to come up with a list of kitchen basics for my Maui job. It's set to start in less than a week! Jordan and I watched a movie again-Pirates of the Caribbean, Uncharted Waters (or something similar). It was ok, although I liked the other Pirates movies better.

Today I went shopping at Trader Joe's with Janell. I bought quite a few of the things I'll need for my Monday and Tuesday jobs. I'll just need to pick up the meat Sunday or Monday. I also received a call from Laurie at SOE. Apparently the corporate chef (Rachelle) wants to come up to Reno to do the last demo of the year. Guess they forgot to tell me! Laurie thought Chef Rachelle was going to contact me-I don't know what Chef Rachelle was thinking. It's kind of a bummer because I'll be losing income, but on the other hand, I won't be rushing to pack to leave on Thursday and it allows more more time with Jordan and my family. Gotta look on the bright side!

I got some baking time in today. I took pictures so will add them tomorrow. I made Spiced Nuts (Janell had given me an empty package from some sugared walnuts she bought at Whole Foods and asked me if I could mimic the recipe), Chocolate Cocoa Kiss cookies (another recipe Janell gave me and asked me to make) and Turtle Bars. I haven't been baking much because other than the few sources I have for clients or giving it away, I have no outlet for a lot of baking. Seems a waste to always give goodies away (although I am sure everyone appreciates it). I need to pay for all that schooling in the culinary arts somehow, lol! Guess I need to work on solving that dilemma.

Watched another movie tonight-Pirate Radio (a Pirate theme this weekend, lol). Great music! That movie ended up being much better than I thought it would be and after googling "pirate radio 1960s, found the movie was based on the history of pirate radio stations in the UK. We laughed a lot during the movie. The cat on the other hand, liked Pirates of the Caribbean better, lol. During that movie he stood on the chair in front of the TV and watched the TV for quite a while. Too cute!

I did more work today on the LAHI project-I'll have to see what happens with that. Just tidying up my list a d verbiage. Tomorrow is breakfast out with Jordan, Janell and Mom. Hobey's I think they wanted. Otherwise tomorrow will be chocolate dipping day!

No comments:

Post a Comment