Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Tuesday morning was spent doing errands (delivering cookies to Karen at Hillbilly Hotdogs, picking up my serving dishes from SCOR, paying bills). I also finished my Mascarpone Cheesecake with a Roasted Cashew Crust and made Passion Fruit Caramel Sauce (yum!). I headed over to my personal chef job in the afternoon. I made Soft Summer Spring Rolls with a dipping sauce, Pork Loin with Pomegranate Orange glaze, Parsley Rice, Carmelized Shrimp, Grilled Chicken with Spinach and Pine Nut Pesto (no basil), Warm Chickpea and Grilled Zucchini Salad and Green Giant Soup (made with leeks, potatoes and petit peas). All yummy stuff!

I stayed and had dinner with Michael (Cumin Crusted Tuna with rice and sautéed zucchini). He shared some his Mascarpone Cheesecake with me-talk about creamy! Then home. Jordan got home about 9am. A long two days in LA, but it sounds like it was productive.

Wednesday (today), I had an appointment with Laurie at Standards of Excellence. Seems like I always had the job, it just took a while for Laurie to call me. My first cooking demo will be October 26. I'll be making dinner for 30 people, cooking with the featured Miele appliances. Should be fun. I get a food budget AND get paid my going hourly rate. Very nice! The next dinner will be December 7.

While I went to my appointment, Jordan took Ah Choo back to Janell's. The new cat, "Tigger" seems terrified of Ah Choo. I hate to say this, but I think "Tigger" needs a one cat household. Makes me sad to think this adoption is not going to work out. And who knows what "Tigger" has been through of late that makes her so afraid.

I had a doctor's appointment in the afternoon, came home and took a nap and read some. I did make cookies in the Morning to take to the doctor (they seem to get all excited that someone would bake for them, lol). Chocolate Chip Cookies with a secret ingredient (crushed potato chips-adds crunch and a little salt). We'll see what kind of response I get on those.

A quiet evening, otherwise, and the promise of another quiet day tomorrow (one hopes anyway......).

No comments:

Post a Comment