Saturday, September 10, 2011

Saturday, September 10, 2011

Times certainly flies!

Thursday I had PT early in the morning, then met with Amanda, the editor of EdibleReno-Tahoe so I could pick her brain a little. She and Jackie are partners and it was Jackie who had told us we needed to charge at least $100 a plate for our Farm to Table dinner. Amanda has a little broader view of all this. While she agrees we have all the high end components of a more expensive farm to table dinner, she says you also need to look at the economy and what people are willing to pay. I spent an hour talking to her, which was very kind of her, I know she's really busy.

After my meeting with Amanda, I had to go to the bank to get a few things straightened out (still) then moved on to my personal chef job. It was a short week for that as I did it Thursday rather than Tuesday. I made Red Wine Braised Short Ribs, Chickpea and Spinach Salad with Cumin Vinaigrette and Citrus Yogurt Sauce, Pasta Primavera, Pork Florentine, Lamb Skewers with Arugula Salad and Rice Crusted Chicken Breast with a Creamy Mustard Sauce. Dessert was a Fresh Fig Tart.

From my personal chef gig, I went over to Buckbean Brewing Company to pick up some beer samples to use for cooking. I may incorporate them into the farm to table dinner. Those two guys, Dan and Doug, really are nice guys. They do a lot for the community.

Thursday evening, Jordan and I had a conference call with Jan and Jim (all four investors in this venture) about pricing. We decided to cut the price of the Farm to Table dinner as we had gotten some negative feedback on our price. And as Jan points out (without malice), that I am an unknown chef and they are an unknown farm/event center, so some people will not want to take the risk os buying an expensive ticket. And that was the night when we realized that the "Buy" button on the website wasn't working. So who knows how many people tried but couldn't buy tickets! Bummer! Anyway, we hope to at least break even.

Friday I spent all day at Walmart at the Flu Shot Clinic. At least I gave 20 shots this time, not just five. I do think, however, people still think it's early for a flu shot. I still am amazed at the different types of people that frequent Walmart! But enough said.

Today, Saturday, we had Ah Choo issues when we woke up. He had pooped in several places around the house, plus had a poopy butt! I had to stick him in the bathroom sink to clean him. He was NOT happy! So I cleaned and then went shopping with Janell. I needed more dipping chocolate so we went to Michael's. Ran a few more errands, then back home to start the dipping process. I still have one more batch to dip, then I will put the frilly touches on the tops on them and I'll be done!! At least that part. They still need to be boxed up. I'll deliver them Monday morning.

But now, bedtime...

No comments:

Post a Comment