Friday, September 23, 2011

Friday, September 23, 2011

Well, the night before the big event.... Wish us luck!

The past two days I've been shopping for food and alcohol, baking up a storm and lying awake at night going through all my lists of things to do. I think we have everything covered! Jan is also a little nervous. I believe we are at 58 people right now. Amazing how things sold out so quickly!

Diane Momberg and Janell will be acting as my "sous" chefs, although all the responsibility is mine. I think we have all the food covered! For appetizers we have: Roasted Tomato Soup with a dollop of Mint Pesto, Caprese-style sandwiches (open face) and Savory Palmiers. The entrees are Seared Steak on a bed of Arugula and Herbed Goat Cheese Stuffed Chicken Breast with Warm Grape and Pine Nut Salad. The sides are Roasted Rosemary Fingerling Potatoes and Herbed Summer Squash. And for dessert we have a trio of selections: Chocolate Mousse, Italian Almond Cake with a Berry Compote and a Streusel -topped Plum Tart. Al the desserts will be small individual portions so as not to overwhelm the diners after a large meal.

But for right now, I am exhausticated! So I'm going to bed cause I need to get up early to make one more plum tart. :-).

I still need to post pictures! It's on my to do list.

No comments:

Post a Comment