Monday, September 26, 2011

Monday, September 26, 2011

Sunday was not the relaxing day I thought it was going to be, lol. We had over night company (a friend of Jordan's), I had baking to do for Monday and Tuesday, Jordan left for LA Sunday afternoon. Jan stopped by to return some of my pans from Saturday. She was very pleased at the way things turned out Saturday and even more pleased there was not one complaint from our visitors. She and Jim are already talking about next year, lol!

"Tigger", the new calico cat we adopted, seems to be settling in, with only a scant hiss or two. We'll see what happens when I bring Ah Choo home Monday.

Today was filled with more baking and cooking. I have a catering job at 6pm for the partnership meeting. I'm making Hangar Steak with a Shallot Cherry Sauce, Mashed Potatoes, Herbed Summer Squash Medley, Dinner Rolls and an Apple Cranberry Galette. I baked cookies for Karen for her Hillbilly Hotdog business-White Chocolate Cranberry, 2 dozen.

I went shopping for my personal chef job today, then baked a Mascarpone Cheesecake with a Roasted Cashew Crust. It also has a Passion Fruit Caramel Sauce that goes with it.

As I dropped off the partnership meeting dinner, I found out two things-the State was there for an inspection and two, that the consensus of the MEC meeting was that my forte was dessert. I have to say, I'm happy I am not the OR manager there!

I picked up Ah Choo after I dropped off dinner, and came home. Oh, oh, much hissing and growling (Tigger). I guess this is just going to take time.....

No comments:

Post a Comment