Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

The Farm to Table dinner is coming down to the wire (it's September 24th) and it seems that is the most consume g task I have. Monday was spent shopping for the catering job I had on Tuesday (MEC meeting at SCOR), doing some shopping for my personal chef client (I usually shop the day of but with so many things to do, I did a part of it early) and making phone calls. I ordered the wine for the Farm to Table-18 bottles each of Chardonnay and Cabernet. It had to be paid for before Fine Vines would place the order and I certainly understand that. I also had PT in the midst of all this. And I baked a Coconut Layer Cake for my personal chef client (pick of the week!). It tur Ed out well and I did take pictures but as I write most often on my iPad, I can't seem to get my pictures uploaded from my phone.

Monday evening was dinner with Jan and Jim as part of a final planning stages for the Farm to Table. We went to Los Compadres on 4th Street. Ok, but I doubt I will write it up on Examiner.com, lol. I think we have almost everything ordered, etc.

Tuesday I met Jan at 9am at Top Hat Party Rentals to finalize everything. $714 for all the supplies we need! Amazing! At 10am I met Karen and took her a box of cookies for her hot dog cart. Peanut butter cookies. Hope she likes them. I took the leftover cookies to PT and they raved about them (always good to know when you have a successful product!). Then I went shopping at Whole Foods to finsh off my shopping. I finished fairly early but did not get everything done-for whatever reason, I forgot he didn't have an oven so had to make a Ratatouille Tart at home. And I forgot to buy lamb for the Koftas (lamb stuffed pita bread), so had to make the meatballs for that! Yikes!

I did make it to the MEC meeting in plenty of time. I made couscous topped with sautéed spinach, topped with sautéed chicken with a balsamic tomato sauce. Very good! I made Eton Mess for dessert. Yum!

Today (Wednesday), I had an appoint,net with my orthopedic doctor who is very pleased with my progress. I made him giggle again-so funny! I am ahead of the curve, which makes me happy. Just need to not over due things. He says no impact sports, no running, etc, otherwise the prosthesis wears out more quickly. I can live with that.

Then home to bake before going to PT again. After today I'll just need to go once a week. Yeah! $25 a visit adds up! I ran some errands, met Janell at Backstube for a quick bite, then bake to more baking.

I did get a job offer from Hey Chef-the place in Truckee. Just need to fill out my paperwork. I talked with Laurie from Standards of Excellence and will meet with her next Wednesday to talk about a job (about once a month). I also got a call from the Director at GI Consultants about a per diem job. I still need to call her back. Things seem to be picking up! And my friend gave me a card from one of the people I used to do business with at SCOR. They want me to cater a dinner party, lol. Guess I'll call them tomorrow.

So that's the skinny on my life. You know as much as I do, lol. Now it's time for bed......

No comments:

Post a Comment