Saturday, September 24, 2011

Saturday, September 24, 2011


We did it!!!! Our Farm to Table Dinner was a success! Yes!!

I had two helpers today, My sister Janell and Diane, a friend who wants to get I to the food business. Janell and I arrived at Jan and Jim's house about 10am. Diane was there by 11am. Other than a very short lunch break, we worked pretty much right up until guests arrived preparing food. We continued to work right up until dessert.

I assigned tasks. Poor Diane cut and juiced the watermelon for the watermelon cooler. It took a long time to make 23 cups of juice! I took the juice and made it into our watermelon cooler. Janell went out into the garden with Jan and picked vegetables for one of our side dishes. She also cut up our fingerling potatoes (which by the way were not very fingerling! They looked like full sized potatoes some of them!). Diane also made our "sandwich" of ciabatta, tomatoes, mozzarella, pesto and basil. I worked on the chicken dish, the tomato soup with mint pesto, baked the savory Palmiers, and got the grilled beef going.

I worked hard, Janell and Diane worked hard, Jan and Jim worked hard and Jordan and his friend John worked hard. A lot of planning went into this so it was nice to hear everyone say how much they enjoyed the evening. Jordan dragged me out of the kitchen because everyone wanted to meet the chef. I got a long applause from the entire group. Amazing! I think we all did a great job!

Now it's time for bed, but I'm hungry, lol. I didn't eat dinner, too much to do. Plus, once you've worked on food long enough, you end up not being very hungry. So maybe I'll go see what's in the fridge!

No comments:

Post a Comment