Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

I went back to work yesterday and by the end of the day I was exhausticated!! I spent the morning putting finishing and putting together my Dacqouise (a meringue cake) for Michael. The recipe is from the now closed Le Cote Basque in NYC. I will post pictures of it. It was a LOT of work, but turned out well. And tasted absolutely wonderful (if I do say so myself!). Michael was kind enough to share a piece of cake with me. See attached pictures.

I did have lunch with three of the girls from ABBI Public Relations. I met them at Grimaldi's over in Sparks at Legends. The setting is very nice, and the menu simple.
They offer salads, pizza and calzones. That's it! No five page menu of 100's of choices. We shared a half tomato sauce/sausage/mushroom pizza and half white garlic sauce/chicken/jalapeno/dried tomato pizza. Nice crust, not outrageously expensive. I'd go again.

After lunch, I went to my personal chef gig and worked until 6:30pm but left needing to one more dish. I had dinner with Michael (Seared Salmon on a bed of citrus vinaigrette dressed mixed greens and fennel). Yum! I also made Poulet Au Paprika, Grilled Shrimp, Apple Fennel Coleslaw, Spinach and Green Apple Salad with a Mustard Vinaigrette, Colorful Lentil Salad, Lemon Braised Chicken with White Beans, Shaved Vegetable Salad but still had Spiced Chicken with Apricot Vanilla Sauce served in Wonton Cups.

So today, I went back to my client's house, made the final dish, then delivered it to the clinic he works at (he was going to share it with one of the other doctors so I had to deliver it, lol). I had PT after that, ate a light lunch, then went off to see my FP doctor for a check up.

My physical therapist worked on my scar today for at least 20 minutes. My knee has been killing me ever since. So me and Ah Choo are hanging out on the couch. As I was rubbing the Buddha tummy (the cat's belly), I got a call from a company called Hey Chef based up in Truckee. I had sent them an email with a resume months ago, while I was still at Bolongo but never heard back from them. Apparently Hey Chef is hiring and asked me if I wanted to interview with them. Cool!! We'll see what happens. I also got an email from Dan with Buckbean Brewing Company who offer to DONATE beer for our farm to table dinner in September. My goodness! I told him yes after emailing Jan to see what she thought about the offer. Wow! Considering how much it is costing to put all this together, getting food or drink donated seems amazing!

As I sit here thinking about all this, I am also thinking about baking cookies or muffins. Janell bought me a book the other day at Barnes and Nobles called "Perfect Cupcakes, Cookies & Muffins". I don't think there is a recipe in there that doesn't sound good! Unusual in a cookbook. In fact, if you can't find at least half a dozen recipes you would want to make in a cookbook, then don't buy it.

Lots happening, along life's journey....I'm interested in seeing what happens next!

No comments:

Post a Comment