Thursday, August 4, 2011

Thursday, August 4, 2011

Wednesday was full of appointments, phone calls, and menu plans. I am trying to cram as much as I can in the next couple off days, as I am going to be taking a couple weeks off. Wednesday I baked a Blackberry Buttermilk Cake as well as what is called a Raspberry Boconne Dolce (Sweet Mouthful)-which is a meringue layer cake. Yum! I also made the dough for Chocolate Crackles (cookies) before I ran out of energy (headache :-(.).

Today, Thursday, I got menu choices from my client and readied myself to work all day on two weeks worth of menus. It quickly became apparent that I would not be able to get everything done today. LOTS of food to cook! After I took a shower, fed the cat, cleaned the letterbox, ate breakfast, baked cookies, printed recipes and a shopping list, packed up three desserts, all my supplies, spices, bottles and jars and put them in the car, it was 10am! I went shopping, then headed over to my client's house. Today I made Roasted Tomato Soup, Smoked Salmon Spirals, Carrot, Raisin and Pine Nut Salad, Poached Salmon, Apple and Potato Salad, marinated the chicken for Chicken Tikka Naan, Braised Lamb Shank with Mustard, Fennel, and Sweet Vermouth, Beef (it was suppose to be beef tenderloin but Whole Foods had no beef tenderloin!) with Port Sauce, Easy Spinach Souffle, Turkey Roll-ups, Grilled Zucchini Rolls,Roasted Salmon with Shallot Grapefruit Sauce, Grilled Corn with Chile Lime Butter, and Stuffed Chicken Divan with Sherry Mustard Sauce. Whew! And I need to go back tomorrow because I have about six more dishes to make, lol. Someone's gonna eat well!

I met friends afterwards for a glass of wine and dinner. It was nice spending time with friends and relaxing a bit. Jordan comes home tonight (yeah!).

No comments:

Post a Comment