Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Monday I slept in until 9am! The cat didn't even wake me up to feed him! I spent the morning checking emails (no cookies due to Thunderbird Lodge), then had lunch with Janell. At 2pm I had an interview with Chef Mark Estee. He is a local chef from Truckee who owns Moody's Grille, also in Truckee. I was contacted by his PR person, Krystsl. Apparently she has followed my examiner.com writings and asked me to write an article about Mark Estee and his new restaurant, Campo, set to open the end of October. I spent about 45 minutes talking to Chef Estee and getting a tour of the bare space the restaurant. The address is 50 N Sierra Street. Nice spot! I'll be getting an article out shortly.

After the interview, I shopped for my personal chef client, then met Andy for coffee. Andy leaves Wednesday to go back to New Mexico. I gave him some cookies to eat on the long drive back.

Tuesday I had appointments in the morning so didn't go to my personal chef job until about 2pm. It worked out well to go later because I stayed and had dinner with him afterwards. We had Seared Tuna with a Warmed Cherry Tomato and Olive Salad and couscous. Today's dishes were Spinach Salad with Chicken, Ginger and Fried Wantons, Chickpea Salad, Festive Turkey Meatballs with Tomato Salsa, Tandoori Drumsticks, Smoked Salmon Pate, Oat Crackers, and Chicken Breasts Stuffed with Gruyere and Chives. I think that was all, lol. The tuna turned out well.

Now I am back at home and the day is nearing a close. I talked with Jordan. He's in Tucson, Arizona now but will be back Thursday evening. So I'll sign off for now and be back tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment