Saturday, August 27, 2011

Saturday, August 27, 2011

Friday I had physical therapy, ran errands to the bank, got an email from Mindy Shaw saying Thunderbird Lodge needed one box each of chocolate chip cookies with and without nuts and worked on the computer. I also made a calendar for the next three months so I could see what's flu shot clinics I've signed up for. Makes it easier to keep track of. Dinner was in (portabello burgers fro Raleys, one of Jordan's favorites).

Saturday was mostly cloudy so we both slept in (and the cat let us!). A late breakfast of perfect scrambled eggs with ham (my doing-the secret is to take them off the burner before you think they are done because they continue cooking once you take the skillet off the burner.). About 12:30pm, Janell and I went to Barnes & Noble. She had a book to buy for school, I just went along for the ride. I love looking at books, especially cookbooks. Janell bought me a cookbook on Perfect Cupcakes, Cookies and Muffins. It really is a great book. Guess I'll start baking more than chocolate chip cookies!

I've been working on loosening my knee scar, so it's given me a few more problems but otherwise it feels great. I just have to remind myself, "don't limp, don't limp...", it just ends up being habit rather than limping from pain or discomfort.

I also talked to Jesse at the Organic Food Store in Chilcoot, I guess is where they are at. We are looking to get our chickens through him. He says $9.69 a pound for boneless, skinless chicken breasts. That bill alone would be about $240. Don't want to buy anything though, until we get a final head count. Come on folks, sign up for our Farm to Table Dinner!!

Now though, I'm tired and it's bedtime.......

No comments:

Post a Comment