Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Sunday I baked a little, then Jordan took me over to Renown so I could give some Chocolate Chip cookies to Wendy, the nurse who took care of me for the two days I was in the hospital. She loved getting cookies, lol! And she was very pleased at how well I was doing physically.

I was not up to much of a car ride, so we came home after the trek to Renown. Jordan is done with his summer class but he still has a lot of work to do. The rest of Sunday was rest, leg up, ice, pain pills. At least my stomach is starting to feel better! I was in bed early, lol.

Monday as I was getting ready for PT, Body Wisdom called to say my therapist was going to be very late, her car wouldn't start. They offered to have me reschedule with the massage therapist, but with a $25 co-pay for each visit, it didn't seem worth it. So I called Kasia to let her know I didn't need to go to PT but asked if she wanted to go out to lunch instead. She was up for that, lol! Kasia drove me over to the Thunderbird office so I could drop off cookies (wish everyone "instantly" paid their bill like Thunderbird does!). First time I used my new logo-it looks very nice!

We went to lunch at "Kimmie's", a new diner-type restaurant that recently opened on South Virginia by Target and Home Depot. They are open for breakfast and lunch. Large menu of food offerings, although very straight forward.

Once we finished with lunch, we went to visit a local wine and cheese shop on Mae Anne for their wine tasting. MY underlying agenda was to see if the owner, Tom Stephenson, would be interested in working with Jan and I on our Farm to Table dinner. He was not available but I left my card. We'll see if he calls. Then home for a little more R&R.

Jordan and I got invited up to Sagehen for dinner. So I made some sweet Palmiers and off we went! The drive to Truckee was uneventful and when we got to Sagehen, it was a longer trip from the road to the actual field house then I remember, lol. Dinner was Roasted Pork Tenderloin, roasted herbed potatoes, Ratatouille and salad (and bread). Very good! We spent some time with the caretakers, Jeff and his wife Ferthen, who invited us to come back Friday for their 60th birthday party. I guess I'm bringing a cake, lol, they didn't think about a cake until they talked to me. It should be fun, although cold once the sun goes down! I was ready for bed once we got home!

Today I slept in for a bit, then worked on my online education for Mollen Immunizations Clinics. Flu shot clinics start in September. Hopefully I can make a little extra money. I talked to my mom, talked to Tom Stephenson (he does want to work with us!) and my sister, Janell. Jordan worked at home for a long time today but he was so quiet, I almost forgot he was here! I spent some time looking at recipes, websites, etc. Always about the food, lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment