Friday, August 12, 2011

Friday, August 12,2011

Imagine, a culinary blog turned medical journal? Who'd have thought?

Wednesday I had my first day of PT, mostly checking ROM (range of motion) and checking for any problems. Took about an hour. They hooked me up to a TENS unit and ice to increase with circulation and decrease the pain. The knee is really swollen and bruised but I actually have pretty good motion in it. I had a couple of phone calls (always good to hear from friends)

Thursday, not a great day. I slept most of the day. Usually surgery patients are constipated. I had the exact opposite reaction (figures, lol)! Nothing I was eating seemed to agree with me. Pudding seemed to be ok. I was trying to eat bland, benign foods. Finally last night I took some Imodium to see if I could get a handle on things.

This morning (Friday), I feel better, but need to drink more fluids. I am feeling sleepy-the cat came in and meowed like something terrible was happening. Woke me out of a sound sleep! Guess he felt it was time to get up. I have PT again at 11am. They'll try to increase my range of motion and decrease the swelling. Today WILL be a better day!

No comments:

Post a Comment