Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

The weekend was a busy one, cleaning and getting the house ready. Saturday I had breakfast with Ric at Arlington Gardens. Yes, he does go other places but not often, lol. Then home to bake some cookies (actually finish off the cookie dough I started Thursday), do laundry, and clean the house (vacuum, wash flora, etc).

Sunday, I did some yard work with Jordan's help, then we went to Jan and Jim's to do a trial dinner of the meat we've chosen. Turns out we overcooked the London broil a bit so it was a little tough. We're going to try and get some more so we can experiment with cooking times and methods.

Monday we were up bright and early. I had surgery Monday 7:30am at Renown. A right medial Oxford knee replacement. Just half a total knee. Good thing too, I guess, because Dr Mullins said the medial side of the knee had been reduced to bone on bone. And all this in just two years! Yikes! Because I was set to be only a 24 hour stay, I got everything crammed into one day. I had PT, got up, did exercises, had chicken for lunch(!-I totally expected a liquid diet at first, lol!) walked down the hall and used my walker (just like Mom!) to up and down stairs. Very busy day. Jordan was in and out all day and Janell came to visit in the afternoon. I kept trying to get up by myself, but there is an alarm on all the beds that let's the nurses know if you get up without them. I was so busted a couple of times, lol. I felt good though and did so well, that everyone was surprised. One of the nurses aides asked me how many days had it been since my surgery, lol. I told her it was just that morning. She was shocked, poor thing. Just a little nausea initially when I got up the first time, but that got fixed with Zofran-great stuff!

Today, Tuesday, I was up without the walker (at least for the short trip to the bathroom), sat in a chair for a couple of hours, learned to disable the bed alarm by myself (hehe) and got to come home with Jordan at 10am. I can be up and about as much as I wish. No driving though, for two weeks. I start PT tomorrow or Thursday. No rest here, Dr Mullins wants full range of motion ASAP. I don't think I'll have a problem with that. Anyway, I think it's nap time now......no rest while you're in the hospital!

No comments:

Post a Comment