Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Monday was a quiet day, rest, leg up, iced knee, me and the cat laying on the couch. Jordan left today for LA. He'll be back Wednesday night.

Tuesday Ric picked me up and took me to my doctor's appt. The doctor was quite pleased with my progress. He took out my staples and told me to come back in one month. Who-ra! After that, I answered emails, set up appointments, ordered dishes and linens from Top Hat Party Rentals then made dinner for Ric. A thank you and a trial of more farm to table dinner dishes. He was suitably impressed so that's good! He also liked Lidia's Italian Almond Cake over Mario Batali's Almond Cake.

Wednesday I was up early. I had an interview with the two guys who own Buckbean Brewing Company. Nice guys! Although they did tell me if I was gonna write about the beer I should taste it. I'm not much of a beer person (and certainly not at 8am!) but they did have great beer. I spent about an hour asking questions. Not much to tour, everything is right there. I'll be writing an article to publish tomorrow or Friday.

After that meeting, I had a meeting with Sonja. She's working on my brochure. Once it's done, I can start handing it out. Then on the way home, I stopped and talked with Karen, who operates a hotdog cart by St Mary's Hospital. She's going to start selling my cookies. We'll see what happens. AT 11am I had an appt with physical therapy. Work that knee! I did the stationary bike for 10 minutes. Once I finished PT, it was home again. Worked on my story, talked on the phone. Janell and I went out to dinner at Hacienda (after a couple of errands) then I came home to write more on my article. I ended up talking to Jan for almost an hour about the farm to table dinner. She's kind of nervous about all this. We can do it I think.

Jordan came home at 9:30 pm and now it's time, for me anyway, to get to bed. It's been a long day!

No comments:

Post a Comment