Friday, August 19, 2011

Friday, August 19, 2011

Thursday was a quiet day. Jordan was out of town at a meeting in Sacramento. I basically kept my leg elevated and iced. I did hear from Jeff and Fearthen up at Sagehen. Jeff wants a chocolate cake, Fearthen wants a German (Bavarian) Kirschtorte (white cake, chocolate cake, Kirsch-cherry brandy, Buttercream and whipped cream. So I decided to make both kinds of cake!

I made the cake layers for the Kirschtorte Thursday and let them cool. Since I needed supplies for the chocolate cake, I had to wait until Friday to get the rat of my supplies.

Jordan got home about 10:45pm Thursday night. He stopped by to see his daughter on the way home. She lives outside of Sacramento. He said he had a nice visit with her and the grand kids.

Friday morning I had PT. Jordan and I went grocery shopping for cake supplies then he dropped me off at PT. My leg has been feeling tight and my back kind of achy, so my therapist worked on that today. So no exercising today, just massage, heist and ice therapy.

My friend Ric picked me up after I was done (Jordan had meetings this morning). We went to lunch. I had suggested the French restaurant and we went down there, but only to discover that the French restaurant doesn't open until 11:30am. Bummer! We decided to go down to Arlington Gardens. (I did try to get us to a different rstauramt, lol).

After a couple of errands for Ric, he brought me home and I finished the Kirschtorte and made a "Darn Good Chocolate Bundt Cake". Hopefully there will be something for everyone!

Tonight we are going to celebrate the 60th birthday of Sagehen. And will see a movie made about this area. I'll let you know how it goes! Right now, I am sitting on the couch, leg up and ice.

No comments:

Post a Comment