Thursday, February 5, 2015

Thursday, February 5, 2015

Hmmmmm....another sunny day in paradise! It is hard to remind oneself that one is here to work. Not hard work, certainly. Breakfast of whatever is here, toast, coffeecake, yogurt, fruit. Even second breakfast, depending on how early you get up.

A little computer work after breakfast and then off to the beach! Kapalua Beach is gorgeous as ever. Surfers (although the wavew were not as big as the last few days.), couples with children, and even a wedding at the other end of the beach! It was over by the time we got there. The wedding party milled around waiting to have pictures taken. My friend thought I should walk down and ask if they needed a chef, but I am sure everything had already been arranged. An hour and I am done-don't really want to sunburn. Nothing will ruin a vacation sooner that sunburning when you first arrive! Back at the condo, there on the walk-way was a lone plumeria that fell off the tree. Still beautiful--and the smell? Heavenly!

Back to the condo in time to fix lunch. This recipe hales from Better Homes and Gardens magazine from years ago! Today was Mango Chicken Lettuce Wraps. Damn, I'm good! (if I do say so myself, lol)

The afternoon was spent on the computer answering emails, making sure my brother got the menu for his daughter's wedding in April (I am catering it!) and answering texts from Creme. I also made Chocolate Chip cookies with oatmeal in them. Easy and tasty! One of the people we ran into a few years ago asked "How can you bake in this heat?" Pretty easy with air conditioning. Plus, I love to bake, so no chore.

I got a chance to talk with Jordan before he comes back stateside. Not sure if the UN meeting was a success or not, but I am sure I will hear about it later. I need to start working on my cookie book. If I am diligent, I can finish it by the end of this Maui trip and get it published in the next few weeks!

It is still windy here and apparently will be for the next few days. Makes eating outside a challenge but you hate to waste sunny days here and the veranda is partially protected.

Dinner was Prosciutto-stuffed Chicken Breast with Mushroom Sauce, mashed potatoes and Glazed Carrots. Very tasty, she said modestly (lol).

Dessert tonight? Banana Cream Delight. Kind of like banana cream pie without the crust. :)

After dinner chores: update the blog, do a little laundry, read a little, then bed. I will leave you with another beautiful Maui sunset.....

No comments:

Post a Comment