Saturday, February 7, 2015

Saturday, February 7, 2015

I've been here a week already. Hard to believe!

It started off as a cloudy day but soon cleared by 9am. It was a beach day today. I have always joked to my friends-do I go to the beach today or the pool? While the weather is nice-the beach. Only two surfers today. Does that mean too much partying on Friday night or not as many people here? It's interesting to people watch at the beach. I have seen two women over the last several days put up umbrellas to shade themselves, only to have it turned inside out by the wind! It is an interesting site. Lots of kids out here and there is much to be seen about parenting by watching all the couples with their children. As I have none, I guess I cannot be too critical, but nonetheless, the difference in parenting in the world today is very interesting.....

Lunch today was Egg Salad-tastey, a blast from the past, an old-fahioned meal. I had mine on toast, the others had theirs on lettuce leaves. Sitting out on the veranda, I feel very lucky to be able to come here and enjoy the warm weather in the middle of a Nevada winter!

I spent the afternoon (after catching up with Jordan) working on my cookie cookbook. I finished it!!!!! Title: 25 Days of Home Made Cookies. I am waiting on a book cover design and I still need to go through and edit it, but it is all written. I am excited to publish again. I enjoy writing. And when you enjoy writing you hope that other enjoy reading it. Time will tell!

Dinner was Chicken Saltimbocca. Actually pretty easy to put together. Served over pasta with a side of asparagus. This is the skiniest asparagus I have ever seen!

My friend insisted on taking a picture of me-evidence that I am indeed, in Hawaii, lol. First thing I did was check my hair, but alas, not much to be done...

And here is dinner--it turned out well!

Dessert was a repeat, Strawberry Shortcake. The last of the shortcake so we will not be repeating this one!

The longer I am here, the easier it is to just sit and not do anything. But I would like to use my time wisely and get a few things done. Like finishing my cookbook. Writing about what you are passionate about makes a difference!

So not much else to tell...another day in paradise..... BUT I will leave you with more beautiful Maui sunset pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment