Sunday, February 8, 2015

Sunday, February 8, 2015

Woke up to cloudy skies this morning which caused us to shop in the morning for this next week rather than the afternoon. There is, after all, another week of cooking left to do!

By the time we returned to the condo, the skies had cleared. It was time for lunch and so I worked at getting out today's menu of Chicken and White Bean Salad. This recipe is from EatingWell.com. Easy but filling! Again, I have attached a link for anytone interested in checking out the recipe. Always nice to have a salad recipe that works both for lunch and dinner. I like all the colors in the salad as well.

Being Sunday, I decided not to do any real work today. We went to the beach after lunch (I guess no beach vs pool-they're all beach days!). I still love watching the waves roll in and watching the surfers as they try to ride the waves.

My friends (as a belated Christmas present) got me Dorie Greenspan's new cookbook "Baking Chez Moi", an all dessert cookbook. I spent most of the afternoon reading this (much like other people read novels, lol) and have decided I want to make everything in the book! Shades of "Julie and Julia"! Can't wait to get home to try some of these recipes!

Dinner tonight was Ratatouille Over Pasta. This turned out much better than I thought! Ratatouille recipes differ slightly, some say saute the vegetables separately and then combine them, other recipes say throw them all together and let them simmer. This particular recipe called for cooking each component separately, then combining them to simmer on the stove for about an hour. The flavors were amazing. Guess I'll need to start making Ratatouille this way all the time!

Dessert was a repeat-Banana Cream Delight. Remember that? Banana cream pie without the crust? Still good, lol. After dinner, we watched PBS's series on a baking competition in the UK, much like the American "Chopped" show, only much nicer! The British are so polite!

Hard to believe I have less than a week left before it will be time to go home! I will leave you with a lovely Maui sunset...

No comments:

Post a Comment