Friday, February 13, 2015

Friday, February 13, 2015

As I went to bed last night, I heard such a ruckus outside.  Turns out the resort across the street decided to have fireworks!  I always enjoy them so got up to watch for a while.  Too noisy to go to bed anyway.



Tomorrow I go back to Reno-which is a good thing-but also said as my time on Maui has been very relaxing and quiet.  No demands.  Ah well.....back to reality, lol.

It was cloudy this morning but cleared enough to go to the beach today (likely my last trip there as it is raining as I write this and that rain is suppose to continue through tomorrow).  You can usually tell when a storm is coming to the islands-the wind picks up quite a bit.  If you happen to be sitting on the beach and the wind is blowing hard-you can get "sandblasted," or as we joke, you can have a microdermabration sesstion at no cost.  Still, a gorgeous day.  Lots more people here because of the long weekend.

Upon returning, it was time for lunch.  Chinese Chicken Salad today.  The recipe is from EatingWell. I've given you the link here so you can check it out if you are interested.  A nice sald for lunch anytime, a nice dinner salad in the summer.  


I spent the afternoon making one last meal for tomorrow (it will be after I leave).  Maple-Chili Pork Tenderloin with mashed potatoes and steamed broccoli.  An I made 2 dozen chocolate chip cookies.  Always good!  Did I take pictures? No, I forgot!  Not much of a food blogger, am I, lol?

I thought you'd like to see where I have been staying and see me working in the kitchen.  It really is a nice condo.  These are shots of the living room, dining area and kitchen.  There is a bedroom upstairs and then another one down on the first floor (where I stayed).  I am very lucky to have been able to come here these last two weeks!






Nice kitchen, aye?  It must have been remodeled because I have been in other kitchens in this complex and most of them are pretty dated.  The buildings are likely 30 years old (give or take).

We went out for dinner for my last day here to Montage, a lovely restaurant.  Everything was delicious!  From the Tempura Goat Cheese Balls to the Poppyseed Pound cake with Baisl Ice Cream. Wow!  Very cool.  I will leave you now as it is time for bed.  Here are some shots from tonight at Montage....
The Kapalua Butterfly

The view from our table looking out toward the ocean.

And of course, the Maui sunset......

Wish me safter journeys back to Reno tomorrow!  Aloha!



No comments:

Post a Comment