Monday, February 2, 2015

Monday, February 2, 2015

Another day in beautiful Maui. It was cloudy off and on today. A storm is set to come thru Hawaii. It gets more windy by the hour, but I guess that is to be expected.

Lunch on Sunday was not quiche but a frittata. We sped things up so we could go shopping and finish for this week. Same zucchini-Gruyere cheese filling, just no crust. Served with a side salad!

Then off to shopping at Farmland Foods-kind of like our Whole Foods. I did not go to the beach or the pool Sunday-just sat on the veranda. Lazy me, lol!

Dinner was Shrimp Veracruz served over rice, a dish from EatingWell.com. A great source for healthy recipes and a dish that goes together quickly!

Dessert was Strawberry Shortcake. Hmmm, hmmmm, good as the Campbell's soup commercial used to say. :)

I was up early for me this morning, 6am. Stretching and meditation before starting my day. Coffee and toast to start with guava jelly-SO good! Then coffeecake for second breakfast out on the veranda. Got to take advantage of the good weather while we can!

We went to the beach this morning. Glorious! AND I got whale pictures! Two small whales were having a good time beating their tails in the water. Beautiful creatures!

There were six surfers there this morning. Think this guy spends much time at the beach? Guess I'm just jealous of the tan, lol.

And this is me, sitting on the beach, unsuspecting that anyone was taking pictures!-

Lunch was Ham and Cheese Grilled Sandwiches with Strawberry Pinot Noir Jam from Food and Wine Magazine. . They turned out great, if I do say so myself! That and a little fruit, hit the spot!

I spent the afternoon working on menus for two weddings. One is my niece's wedding in April, back in Chicago. The other is a friend from work that is getting married in Reno in October. Lots to work out! I talked with Jordan as well, who is in Germany this week for a meeting with the UN-long story. Hope it works for him.

Dinner was Tuscan Roasted Chicken with Roasted Vegetables. Another good recipe!

There was Mixed Berry Crumble for dessert-one of Nigella Lawson's recipes. Oh. So. Good.

And now, time for bed, I think, but I will leave you with a lovely sunset picture....

No comments:

Post a Comment