Monday, February 16, 2015

Monday, February 16, 2015

Well I am back in Reno after two restful weeks on Maui.  When I left on Saturday, it was raining quite hard.  Makes it seem not so bad to have to leave, lol.

Sunday I caught up on some rest (it's the time differences that always get to me!) and worked on my book some more-editting.  Jordan and I stopped by Gas Lamp for a drink in the evening, more to see if they needed anything baked this week.  They said they were ok on desserts.

Today I was back at Creme Cafe, baking.  I made English muffins (the recipe on the King Arthur website is the best).  Wolferman's muffins here I come!


Then it was on to slider rolls (which are really dinner rolls but they are just the right size).  Beth says these slider rolls have become so popular that we are going to start marketing them in the near future.  You'll be able to by them by the dozen.  


Next was the no-knead bread I make from Jim Lahey's book "My Bread".  Really the best recipe I have found to date.  And so easy!  Just four ingredients-flour, yeast, salt and water.


Next on the list was Coconut Macaroons.  Always a hit-and they are gluten free!  I drizzled chocolate over the top just to dress them up a bit. 


I had three meetings in the afternoon (Creme related), then it was time to go home.  I am a nurse tomorrow, so I will sign off now so I can get some sleep!



No comments:

Post a Comment